At Campus Health, diabetes care is provided by a team of providers with specialized diabetes knowledge including a doctor, pharmacist and nutritionist.
For the best diabetes care, visit your diabetes care provider at least every three months. This helps your provider know you when you are well and take better care of you if you become ill.
- By phone, mention that you have diabetes, which will help ensure that enough time is scheduled for your appointment. You may also indicate which of the team members you would like to visit. If you are ill, call early.
- On the portal, fill in the notes section with your diabetes care needs. You may also indicate here which of the team members you would like to visit, as some of them are not listed in the provider dropdown menu.
For your appointment, bring:
- Your meter,
- Any medications you are currently taking, and
- A recent log of your insulin, blood sugars, and carbs.
- If you are a new patient:
- Fill out the Diabetes Questionnaire. This helps your care in case of unexpected illness.
- Request that your doctor send your recent diabetes records to Dr. Vimmerstedt at the contact info on the questionnaire above.
Please review the Same Day Care/Extended Services information.
Campus Health sponsors Heels and Hearts, a diabetes advocacy student organization. Come see how we're using our diabetes experiences for community service, outreach, support, and fun.