Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Campus EMS
Hours of Operation
Thursday-Saturday | 7pm-3am
What Campus EMS Does
- Serve as a first-responder agency and provide patient care at the EMT-B level to help those experiencing medical emergencies on UNC Main Campus
- Stabilize and prepare patients to be transported for an average of 11 minutes before ambulance arrival
- Average response time of 4 minutes in 2021-2022 inaugural operations
- Assist UNC Campus Health in their efforts to provide relief to the UNC-CH community
- Work as vaccinators with Campus Health & Orange County
- Operate as a strike team for testing to help control the impact of COVID-19 outbreaks on campus
Please contact us using the emails on the "Contact Campus EMS Leaders" tab for bystander education course inquiries.
- Volunteered over 150 hours at both COVID-19 and Influenza vaccination clinics
- Stabilize and treat patients during mass casualty incidents with Orange County EMS including Halloween, the NCAA Final Four Basketball Game, and the NCAA Championship Basketball Game
- Help educate students on life-saving skills & public health issues through designing and teaching community education courses
- Lead initiatives to promote equality for all students
- Became Mental Health First Aid certified to respond to the needs of our peers
Halloween MCI Staffing
Treatment Center UNC vs. KU NCAA Basketball Championship Game
Treatment Center UNC vs. Duke NCAA Basketball Final Four Game
Campus EMS High-Fidelity Simulation Training
Community Outreach Bystander Education Training
UNC Campus EMS is funded by UNC Campus Health as well as through generous donations from our community. Any and all donations to our mission are greatly appreciated! You may use this link to donate to our donation fund: https://give.unc.edu/donate?p=main&f=602451
UNC Campus EMS would like to give a special thank you to UNC Parents Council for their donation to assist with crucial start-up equipment. We greatly appreciate the UNC Parents Council’s support of UNC Campus EMS in our pursuit of service for the Carolina community.
Contact Campus EMS Leaders
Join Campus EMS
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled in at least 3 credit hours per semester at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Hold a valid North Carolina EMT-B certification (or higher) and current CPR certification
- For out-of-state & NREMT applicants North Carolina offers reciprocity. You can find information on this process here. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding obtaining reciprocity
- Required to complete 1-3 shifts monthly
- Attend all training & complete 24 hours of continuing education annually
- We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated students passionate about providing the best possible care to our Carolina community!
- Interest meetings will be held throughout the semester. Dates will be published on our social media when available.
- Contact us to get more details regarding these meetings
- Zoom link to meeting
- Come visit us at Fall Fest 2022!
- The application process to join us in FALL 2022 consists of the written application below followed by an interview and skills assessment. We will reach out to you after reviewing your written application to provide you with more information regarding the in-person components.
*Applications for Fall 2022 are now closed*