Each patient is assigned a Primary Care Provider (PCP) and clinic team to promote continuity of care. You may change your Primary Care Provider by giving us a call at any time. Visit our Meet the Staff page to learn more about our providers.
Primary Care Services include wellness and preventive care, injury care and treatment for acute and chronic medical conditions. Examples include:
- Respiratory infections (e.g., cold, cough, sore throat, the flu)
- Common dermatologic conditions (e.g., acne, rashes, biopsies)
- Injuries and musculoskeletal conditions (e.g., sprains, strains, abrasions)
- Urinary/bladder infections
- Reproductive and sexual health (including STI's, Gyn Exams, menstrual concerns)
- High blood pressure
- Stomach/gastrointestinal problems
- Prescriptions for ongoing health conditions (e.g., ADD/ADHD, anxiety, depression)
- Physical exams (e.g., annual exam, transgender health, for study abroad, teaching - Campus Health does not offer physical exams for DOT purposes)
Campus Health provides some specialty services such as Acupuncture, Physical Therapy, Orthopedics and Travel Clinic. Additional charges may apply. We offer referrals for off-site specialized health care needs that are beyond the scope of our practice.
Campus Health is an in-network provider for the health insurance plans used by the vast majority of students and post-docs at UNC. See our page on processing insurance claims for the most up-to-date information regarding Campus Health's in-network status with specific insurance plans.