NC Required Immunization Information
The general deadline for submission of the Immunization Form is June 15th for Fall admissions and December 15th for Spring admissions. A $25 non-compliance charge will be placed on your student account if you do not submit records via your ConnectCarolina To Do List item by the 1st day of classes.
All new and transfer students are required to submit documentation of state required immunizations. Students who were previously enrolled at UNC Chapel Hill are not required to resubmit immunization documentation.
Per North Carolina state law, students will be WITHDRAWN FROM THE UNIVERSITY 30 days after classes begin if immunization requirements have not been met.
- To access the Immunization Form, login to your ConnectCarolina Student Center account.
- Click on the General Item link under your To Do List.
- Click on the Immunization Form link and follow the directions for accessing and submitting your form via ConnectCarolina. (This To Do List item will only be available once you have been matriculated into the University)
- All students must submit forms through the ConnectCarolina To Do List item, Campus Health will not accept hard copy, faxed, or emailed forms.
|Vaccine||Number of Doses Required|
|Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis||3 doses|
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis: Individuals entering a college or university must have 3 doses of DTaP/DTP/TD/Tdap (Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis); one of which must be a Tdap booster (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis).
- Polio: An individual attending school who has attained their 18th birthday is not required to receive polio vaccine.
- Measles: Two doses at least 28 days apart are required for individuals entering college or university. The requirement for a second dose does not apply to individuals who entered school, college or university for the first time before July 1, 1994. A person who has been diagnosed prior to January 1, 1994 by a physician (or designee such as a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant) as having measles (rubeola) or an individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against measles is not required to receive measles vaccine. Individuals born before 1957 are not required to receive measles vaccine except in measles outbreak situations.
- Mumps: Two doses are required for individuals entering college or university. A physician's diagnosis is not acceptable for mumps disease(s). Individuals must be immunized or have laboratory confirmation of disease or have been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody against mumps. Individuals born before 1957 are not required to receive the mumps vaccine. Individuals that entered college or university before July 1, 1994 are not required to receive the vaccine. Individuals that entered school, college, or university before July 1, 2008 are not required to receive the second dose of mumps vaccine.
- Rubella: One dose is required for individuals entering college or university. A physician's diagnosis is not acceptable for rubella disease(s). Individuals must be immunized or have laboratory confirmation of rubella disease or have been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against rubella. Any individual who has attained his or her fiftieth birthday is not required to receive rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations. Any individual who entered college or university after his or her thirtieth birthday and before February 1, 1989 is not required to receive rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations.
- Hepatitis B: Three doses are required for individuals entering college or university. A 2 dose series of Heplisav-B is acceptable (this vaccine is only available in the United States). Hepatitis B titers are not acceptable for this requirement; students will need to show documentation of completed vaccine series. Hepatitis B vaccine is not required if an individual was born before July 1, 1994.
- Varicella: One dose (two doses preferred) or proof of laboratory confirmation of varicella disease immunity. Varicella vaccine or proof of immunity is not required if an individual was born before April 1, 2001.
* Two doses of the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine will meet this requirement
To find out more information regarding TB Skin Testing for International Students, see our page for International Student TB Information.
Health Science Students
Your program may require a copy of your immunization record. It is YOUR responsibility to provide your program with this information. You will need to keep a copy of your records to forward to your program; Campus Health will not automatically forward this information to your program. For more information, see our page for Health Science Student Immunizations.
For questions relating to exemptions from NC Required Immunizations, please click ---> Immunization Exemptions