Kelly Waicus, MD
- Professional/Educational Background: B.S., Duke University; M.D., UNC.
After completing a residency in Pediatrics at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati, OH, she returned to Chapel Hill for her Sports Medicine fellowship which she completed in 2001.
Dr. Waicus is the primary team physician for volleyball, men's and women's swimming and diving, women's tennis, women's golf, women's lacrosse, men's lacrosse, men's and women's fencing, and cheerleading.
- Originally from/hometown: Moorestown, NJ
- Family: She is married to Tom O'Connell and has two daughters, Kelsey and Caroline.
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?: She is board certified in Pediatrics and has a certificate of added qualification in Sports Medicine.
- Joined Campus Health: 2005
Sharing and printing options: