- Professional/Educational Background: B.S.N., Lourdes University; M.S.N., Ohio State. She has worked as a WHNP the last 2 years.
- Originally from/hometown: Ohio
- Family: Her older brother lives in Garner, NC and parents live in NW Ohio still.
- Hobbies/Sports: She loves exploring new parks, hand crocheting, reading and hiking
- Pets: Heather has a 2.5 year old dog, a mutt/lab/german shepherd
- Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?: Dad
- What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?: Working full time as an RN and completing my masters (FT status) with a 3.96 GPA.
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?: "I have never been out of the country."
- Joined Campus Health: August 2021
- Professional/Educational Background: B.S.N. and B.S. in Molecular Biology, Duke University; M.S.N., Duke University
- Originally from/hometown: Chicago, IL & Phoenix, AZ
- Family: Partner Dominic and 2 children – Lucas and Vivienne
- Pets: 2 dogs – Charlie and Penny, 2 rats – Hooch and Simmie
- Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?: "My former Army supervisor – J. Barth. He helped me learn a great work/home/mental health balance strategy."
- What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?: "Starting here as an NP! Also becoming certified as a WHNP-BC!"
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?: "I’m a huge Captain America fan."
- Joined Campus Health: August 2021
- Professional/Educational Background: Associates in Nursing, Durham Technical Community College. Before joining Campus Health, Dorothy worked at Duke Urgent Care as a Medical Assistant.
- Originally from/hometown: Ghana-West Africa; Beltsville, Maryland
- Family: Dorothy has three sons: Jayden, Jeffrey, and Joshua. She has 2 older sisters.
- Hobbies/Sports: Likes to cook, listening to African music, and watching basketball with her kids. Her favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird.
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?: Dorothy was the music leader of her college school choir in Ghana.
- Joined Campus Health: November 2012
- Professional/Educational Background: Bachelors, Rice University; Masters in Clinical Research, UNC. She completed Med School at Baylor, Residency at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital, and Fellowship in Family Planning at UNC.
- Originally from/hometown: Dr. Tang was born in Ohio but has lived in Taiwan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, New Jersey, Boston, Texas, and most recently in Malawi, Africa.
- Hobbies/Sports: Dr. Tang enjoys traveling and hiking. Her favorite book is Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides and her favorite movies are the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings series.
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?: She lived in Malawi from 2012-2017 and had the chance to travel to surrounding countries, such as Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, and South Africa.
- Joined Campus Health: Fall 2018
- Professional/Educational Background: Graduated from UNC-CH and the UNC SOM and completed my residency in Charlotte, NC at Carolinas Medical Center.
- Originally from/hometown: Durham, NC
- Family: "I am married and have 4 children, one in high school and 3 in college. We also have a dog, two cats and 10 chickens."
- Hobbies/Sports: "In my free time I enjoy reading, gardening cooking and spending time with friends and family."
- What's one thing most people don't know about you?: "I have a personal interest in integrative medicine. I completed an integrative medicine fellowship at the Weil Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona in 2009."
- Joined Campus Health: January 2023
Sharing and printing options: