At Campus Health since: 2005
Education: B.S. in Spanish and Nursing, M.S. in Nursing all from East Carolina University
Experiences: Infection control committee co-chair, working in college health since 1998
Special Professional Interests: Infection control
Other interests: Travel
Nursing Supervisor email@example.com
Originally from: Columbus, OH
Educational and Professional Experience: Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from NC A&T
Joined Campus Health: April 2017
Family: She has a mother named Carla and a nephew named Judah
Hobbies/Sports: She enjoys cooking, shopping and traveling.
Maya has her Associates in Applied Science degree from Wake Tech and a BA in Performance Arts from Middlesex University. She is a certifed Pediatric Nurse and has been working in college health since 2009 and in nursing since 1993.
Professional Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally from: Adam is from Durham, NC
Joined Campus Health: October 2020
Family: His parents live in Durham. He and his partner Leslie live alongside their cat, Morty.
Professional/Educational Background: Adam received his undergraduate degree in biology from Warren Wilson College and his BSN from Western Carolina University. He worked at UNC Medical Center on the medicine progressive care unity for several years and most recently at the UNC Infectious Disease Clinic.
Hobbies/Sports: Disc golf, air hockey, table tennis
Pets: One cat, Mordecai (Morty)
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach work? The head nurse at the Warren Wilson College Student Health Center where I worked for four years while in undergrad.
What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? I am state ranked in air hockey.
Medical Assistant email@example.com
Originally from: Cedar Grove, NC
Joined Campus Health: September 2017
Professional/Educational Background: She has attended Louisburg College and Durham Technical Community College.
Hobbies/Sports: Football, Baseball and Running
Interesting facts: In High School Marcia was all conference in Shot Put and Discus.
- Joined Campus Health: October 2021
- Originally from: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Professional/Educational Background: Demi has an undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences and BSN in Nursing with a minor in Health Science Education
- Family: Husband, Chad, of 21 years; Daughter, Mary is a Junior at Ohio State; and Son, Sean, is first year at UNC Chapel Hill
- Hobbies/Sports: Demi enjoys hiking, gardening, and exploring new restaurants and cuisines
- Pets: A 5 lb Chihuahua named Bosa
- Work influence: Demi has been influenced by every nursing instructor she’s had and gave a special shout out to Florence Nightingale for putting us on the map as a respected profession
- Work accomplishment: Teaching Pre-Nursing classes as part of high school career and technical education because she felt honored to encourage the next generation of nurses.
- One thing most people don’t know: “I was a food scientist for companies like Tropicana and Pepsi before I became a nurse, which was not nearly as rewarding as patient care.”
- Joined Campus Health: November 2021
- Originally from: Southern California
- Professional/Educational background: Chrissy received her AND from Victor Valley College and BSN from Chamberlain University. She has worked 2.5 years as an ER nurse.
- Family: Chrissy’s parents and twin brothers just moved from California to the Southern Pines area.
- Pets: Two poodles: Gracie and Ollie
- Hobbies/Sports: Chrissy enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends.
- Work influence: Mom taught her to approach patients as family in order to provide their best care possible.
- Work accomplishment: Working alongside her wonderful ER family during the COVID-19 pandemic
- One thing most people don’t know: I want to travel to Japan and Iceland
Medical Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Joined Campus Health: February 2020
Originally from: Ree is originally from Baltimore, Maryland.
Family: She has a 4 year-old son.
Professional/Educational Background: Ree has been a Medical Assistant for over 7 years.
Hobbies/Sports: Ree enjoys sewing and crafting.
Favorite Book/Movie/Podcast: Ree’s favorites include “The Color Purple”, “Life”, and “A Thin Line Between Love and Hate”.
Pets: She has a 10 year old Morkie (cross between Yorkshire terrier and Maltese) named Bella.
Professional Nurse email@example.com
Joined Campus Health: August 2019
Originally from: Kristen grew up in Asheville, NC.
Family: She has 2 daughters, their ages are 9 and 12.
Professional/Educational Background: Kristen has a BSN from UNC-CH. She has a public health background with disease intervention.
Hobbies/Sports: She enjoys playing golf, watching football, watching basketball and fishing.
Books/ Movies/Podcasts: Her favorite movies are the Star Wars Franchise.
Pets: She has 2 dogs, a Yorkie named Mighty Jo and a Husky named Luna Ghost.
Interesting Fact: Kristen played basketball at UNC Asheville.
Professional Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally from: Jami is originally from Raleigh, NC. She currently lives in Hillsborough.
Joined Campus Health: July 2020
Family: Her husband’s name is Nick. She is close to her mom, sister, and brother-in-law.
Professional/Educational Background: Jami received her ADN at Durham Tech and did her clinical rotations at UNC.
Hobbies/Sports: She enjoys reading, hiking, watching movies, and traveling.
Pets: Jami has two orange tabby cats, Walter and Donny.
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work? Her previous Assistant Director of Nursing, Carolyn. She was phenomenal. Jami said she was professional, yet kind and friendly. She was very experienced and very smart.
What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of? Jami hit her 15 year mark of being an RN as of June 2020.
What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? Jami has an English degree from NC State.
Joined Campus Health: September 2021
Originally from: Sanford, NC
Family: 2 sisters
Professional and Educational Background: High school diploma, medical assisting certification
Hobbies/Sports: Soccer, Basketball
Who has influenced you the most when it comes to how you approach his work? "My dad has taught me how to be a hard worker."
Professional Nurse email@example.com
Originally from: Denhora is originally from Michoacán, Mexico.
Joined Campus Health: July 2020
Family: She is a mom of two.
Professional/Educational Background: Denhora has been a nurse since 2018 and also works for the Cardiac Unit at the Medical Center. She went to school at UNC School of Nursing.
Hobbies/Sports: She loves to zipline, kayak, and jog.
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work? Her UNC professor who taught her pediatric course, Lisa Woodley.
What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of? Denhora works very well with pediatric patients and keeps calm in stressful situations. She is able to go with the flow.
What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? She loves the beach.
Medical Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joined Campus Health: November 2021
- Originally from: Macclesfield, NC
- Professional/Educational background: Graduated from Caldwell Community College with an RN degree. Currently in school to get BSN from App State. Worked at UNC Rex in the MISCU for the last 5 months.
- Family: Shianna recently her married husband, Josh
- Pets: A cat named Cleo and recently rescued a dog named Red
- Hobbies/Sports: Going on walks with her dog as well as hiking and exploring national parks.
- Work influence: Shianna’s grandmother always taught her to work hard and care about others.
- Work accomplishment: ACLS Certification
- One thing most people don’t know: “I played soccer, cheered, and ran cross-country in high school.”
Professional Nurse email@example.com
Joined Campus Health: December 2019
Originally from: Allie is originally from Pottstown, PA.
Professional/Educational Background: Allie has her Kinesiology degree from Penn State University and her BSN from Drexel University, and she has worked on the surgical floor in a hospital for the last 10 months.
Family:She has two younger brothers and her mom is one of ten kids, she has a really big family!
Hobbies/Sports: Allie enjoys going to the beach, going boating, gardening, and reading.
Pets: She has a dog named Peyton that is back in Pennsylvania with her family.
Interesting Fact: Allie is half Filipino and has over one hundred family members still in the Philippines that she keeps in touch with.