Health Information Manager/Privacy Officer email@example.com
Melody graduated from East Carolina University with a major in Health Information Management, and has been employed at Campus Health since 2001.
Administrative Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional/Educational Background: B.S. in Public Administration from CUNY. Nina came to North Carolina from New York City where she had over 20 years of Healthcare experience both at The Brooklyn Hospital, and for the State of New York, in the department of Cardiology.
Joined Campus Health: 2009
Hobbies: Traveling, cooking, and youth ministry.
Health Information Specialist
Patient Accounts Representative email@example.com
Joined Campus Health: October 2020
Professional/Educational Background: Nakia received her BA from North Carolina Central University
Originally from: Nakia is from Durham, NC
Family: She has two sons, Janssen Jr. and Jysson.
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach work? Her brother, Sean Atkins
Patient Finances Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally from: Durham
Joined Campus Health: January 2018
Professional/Educational Background: Shanedra recently graduated from Durham Tech Community College with an Associates Degree.
Family: Shanedra is recently married and has two daughters, Tameya and Kyla
Favorite book/movie: Her favorite book is The Alchemist and her favorite movie is A League of Their Own.
Hobbies/Sports: Shanedra likes to watch Carolina Panthers football and college basketball, especially the Tar Heels.
Health Information Specialist email@example.com
Professional/Educational Background: Mary has a BSBA in Accounting.
Joined Campus Health: 2018
Originally from: Raleigh, NC
Family: Mary is married with two adult children.
Favorite book/movie: Her favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and her favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.
Hobbies: Mary is active in her church. She loves watching movies and listening to music. Mary also enjoys traveling.
- Joined Campus Health: November 2021
- Originally from: Greensboro, NC
- Professional/Educational background: Economics degree from UNC Chapel Hill
- Hobbies/sports: Basketball, fishing, online chess
- One thing most people don’t know: “I’ve never been on an airplane; I once hit the high note in ‘Take on Me’”
Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Originally from: Bethel, NC (near Greenville, NC)
- Professional/Educational Background: Started my career as a student at UNC-Chapel Hill and worked in Campus Health for Health Information Management as a student. My last top was in the Department of Psychiatry as an E.A. Returning after being away for one year and excited to return home!
- Family: Fiancé and 4 beautiful nieces. My mother is the mayor of Bethel, NC and my parents and brother still live there.
- Hobbies: I own and ride motorcycles (Suzuki Hayabusa), love UNC Athletics (Go Heels!), love football (Go Cowboys!), love volunteering and church and spending time with family and friends.
- Work influence: My parents. My father has been a factory worker my entire life but he has a great work ethic and always provided for his family. My mother started as a town commissioner and now the mayor. She genuinely tries to help everyone she meets.
- One thing most people don’t know: I have played the violin since I was in the 3rd grade!
IT Project Manager
Administrative Support Supervisor email@example.com
- Originally from: Miami, Florida. Meaghan moved to Atlanta in 2017. How here in Burlington, NC.
- Professional/Educational Background: Graduated from the University of Florida in 2011 and re-enrolled in school last year. I worked for Emory Healthcare before starting my journey here at UNC.
- Family: My mom is Wanda Gary and my dad is Leonard Hart. I have 3 siblings – Brandon, Shannon, and Morghan, my identical twin sister.
- Hobbies: I loves to dance, sing, paint, hike, skate, and bowl. I enjoys movies and hanging out with family and friends. Laughter is my medicine.
- Pets: I have a pet rabbit named Chanelle and a family pet Schitzu named Briceson.
- Work influence: My mom and ex-boyfriend have had a huge impact on my approach to work. Their work ethic is immaculate!
- Work accomplishment: I was promoted three times within a year and a half.
- One thing most people don’t know: I’m a hopeless romantic. Haha! You usually can’t tell because I have a tough exterior shell.
Patient Access and Billing Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional/Educational Background: nearly 20 years in medical billing and revenue cycle management.
Originally from: Omaha, NE
Joined Campus Health: July, 2013
Family: has two children
Favorite book/movie: Favorite book is “Ask the Dust” by John Fante
Hobbies: I’ve been playing the drums for 30 years. I like to play in rock bands.
Processing Assistant email@example.com
Originally from: India
Professional/Educational Background: Bachelors in Economics and Masters in Kannada Literature from University of Mysore, India.
Joined Campus Health: 2009
Family: I have one daughter and one son, both in college. I have a 7 year old Golden Retriever.
Desktop Support Analyst firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional/Educational Background: Harrison graduated from the School of Audio Engineering in New York. He was head engineer at the Comedy Cellar and IT Technician at Kenan-Flagler Business School.
Originally from: New York
Family: Harrison’s mother and father retired to NC and his brother lives in New York with his wife and kids.
Hobbies/Sports: He enjoys hiking, running, powerlifting, soccer and softball.
Pets: A dog named Artemis
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work? “My old GM at the Comedy Cellar helped me to learn how to be proactive in everything I do.”
What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of? “Prince once told me that the club I ran sound for sounded really good.”
What's one thing most people don't know about you? “I went on tour with Kool and the Gang.”
Admin Support Associate email@example.com
Originally from: Angela was born in Harnett county, NC and moved to Orange County, NC when she was 12 years old.
Professional/Educational Background: She is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business administration at Liberty University.
Joined Campus Health: Fall 2019
Hobbies: Angela loves animals and tries to attend as many charity events as possible.
Favorite Book and Movie: Her favorite movie is How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Pets: She has a cat named Precias.
Interesting Facts: Angela is a self-proclaimed coffee snob.
Storeroom Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally from: Chance is originally from New Mexico, but he has lived in North Carolina for 18 years now.
Joined Campus Health: January 2020
Professional/Educational Background: Prior to this role, Chance worked as a Pharmacy Technician for nearly 10 years, including one at Campus Health.
Hobbies/Sports: He enjoys playing video games, watching movies, watching TV and watching Football.
Favorite Book/Movie/Podcast: His favorite movie is Ferris Bueler’s Day Off.
Pets: Chance has a cat named Yam and dog named Ethel.
Business Services Manager email@example.com
Originally from: Janice is originally from Burlington, NC
Professional/Educational Background: Janice attended NC State and graduated from Elon. She started with the Student Affairs Office of the Vice Chancellor Finance Hub in 2016
Joined Campus Health: March 2019
Family: She has a husband named Reggie, daughter Lacey and son Reggie Jr.
Hobbies/Sports: Janice enjoys football, basketball and riding motorcycles.
Books and Movies: Her favorite book is Becoming Michele Obama
Pets: Janice loves animals and has a cat and 3 chickens
Interesting Fact: Her husband Reggie played football for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Green Bay Packers.
Catherine has been with Campus Health since coming to the University in 1988. She has worked in her current position, Accounts Payable/Purchasing Agent, for the last 15 years. She is a native of Alamance County, North Carolina and a graduate of Cummings High School in Burlington. She has been married since 1980 and has a daughter and grandson.
Building Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Originally from: Durham, NC
- Family: Husband, 4 kids, and 3 dogs
- Professional/Educational Background: High school dipoloma from Southeastern High School with Honors
- Hobbies: I love to ride my 4 wheeler and play the playstation. I play with my kids and my dogs and I like to ride our go kart too because I love to go fast. Oh, and I like drag racing.
- Pets: I have 2 girls and 1 boy – Dymond, Skitaboo, and Megga
- Work influence: My brother, my grandmother, and most of all my husband
- Work-related accomplishment: I have finally been accepted for a full-time position at UNC. It was hard for me to land it.
- One thing most people don’t know: I work my best and give it my all, and that I am very determined. I have a lot of fight to reach my goals.
Insurance Associate email@example.com
Vicki has worked in the health field for more than 10 years. She started as a Chiropractic Assistant working with patients doing therapies and taking x-rays. Vicki then moved into an Office Manager position where she was exposed to health insurance and helped patients figure out and interpret their plan benefits. Having this background has helped Vicki in her current position at Campus Health working with students and the UNC System-Wide Student Health Insurance Plan.
Health Information Specialist
Jennifer Flanagan she/her/hers
Patient Accounts Representative