Who's Eligible for Campus Health Services
Individuals eligible to receive care at CHS include:
- All undergraduate and graduate students and Postdoctoral Fellows registered in the current enrollment term and who are paying the Campus Health Fee. This charge appears on your University account as Campus Health Fee.
- Students who have paid the Campus Health Fee during a given enrollment term are eligible for care until the beginning of the next enrollment term.
- Students coming to Chapel Hill early, before an enrollment term begins, who will pay the Campus Health Fee for the academic period are eligible for pre-paid care as soon as the University officially opens based on the UNC Academic Calendar.
- Students whose official relationship with the University necessitates their reporting prior to opening of University Housing are eligible for care. Resident Assistants, certain athletic teams and other specific programs are within this category.
- Spouses of full-time students and Postdocs are eligible for care. The spouse must pay the Campus Health Fee for the current enrollment period and the spouse must show proof of insurance coverage. Spouses are also required to provide proof of marriage, or a notarized affidavit of domestic partnership.
- Any student who is not enrolled in summer sessions and remains in the Chapel Hill community during the summer months is eligible to receive summer care. To be eligible, the student must have paid the Campus Health Fee for the previous spring semester, be pre-registered for the upcoming fall semester, and pay the summer Campus Health Fee, regardless of your health insurance coverage.
- For an individual who graduates from the University, eligibility for services at Campus Health Services ends thirty (30) days post commencement.
Individuals not eligible to receive care at CHS include:
Evening College, Continuing Education, Online, Distance Education, Friday Center Programs, Part-Time Students (students that do not have the Campus Health Fee calculated with their tuition), or any other program that is not paying the Campus Health Fee, are not eligible for care, except in special circumstances and with prior approval by CHS administration.
Dependent children are not eligible for care at Campus Health Services