Student Affairs - Fostering Student Learning and Success Logo

Primary tabs

Who Can Use Campus Health Services

All students and Postdoctoral Fellows who pay the Campus Health Fee can use CHS. 

Student walks across the quad on main campus

Spouses of regular, full-time undergraduate students, graduate students and Postdoctoral fellows can receive care at CHS. Spouses who pay the Campus Health Fee for the term can use CHS once they show proof of insurance along with proof of their marriage or a notarized affidavit of domestic partnership.

When does my ability to use CHS begin and end?

Students who pay the Campus Health Fee during an academic term can receive care until the start of the next term.

Students not enrolled in summer classes can receive care during the summer months by paying the summer  Campus Health Fee. These students must have also paid the Campus Health Fee for the previous spring semester.

Some students that move in before the university opens for a term can receive care before the term begins. This applies to Resident Assistants, certain athletic teams and other specific groups.

Graduates can receive care at CHS for thirty days after graduation.  

Who cannot use CHS?

If you do not pay the Campus Health Fee you cannot receive care at CHS. Examples of UNC programs that do not require students to pay the health fee include, but are not limited to, Part-Time Classroom Studies (undergraduate and graduate), and distance programs (including online and off-campus).

Please note that all UNC affiliated persons are welcome to use the Campus Health Pharmacy and Student Stores Pharmacy.