The Campus Health Fee is a mandatory fee that all degree-seeking students pay through fees/tuition each term. All students and Postdoctoral fellows who pay the current term Campus Health Fee can use Campus Health. (Please note that all UNC affiliated persons are welcome to use Campus Health Pharmacy and Student Stores Pharmacy regardless of whether they pay the health fee.)
This charge appears on your University account as FEE Student Health. The Campus Health Fee for 2020-2021 is $200.08 per term.
For most services covered by the Campus Health Fee, students’ health insurance is not billed. This practice benefits students because any copay or coinsurance amount does not apply as it would if their insurance had been billed. This approach ensures that cost is not a barrier to access for students requiring these medical and mental health services.
- Unlimited provider visits in the Primary Care Clinics
- Unlimited provider visits at Gynecology
- Unlimited Sports Medicine visits including musculoskeletal evaluation, concussion care and rehabilitation
- Any patient-portion charges for Physical Therapy after insurance has paid for services rendered
- Any patient-portion charges for nutrition counseling after insurance has paid for services rendered
- Counseling and Psychological Services initial assessment, brief therapy if warranted by initial assessment, group therapy, referral management and any copays/coinsurance after insurance has been filed for the first Medication Evaluation and Management visit. CAPS 24/7 for speaking by phone with a mental health professional when CAPS is closed.
- Access to the on-site Campus Health Pharmacy, Student Stores Pharmacy, and Healthy Heels Shoppe including personal counseling about prescriptions by a pharmacist
- Access to specialty care within Campus Health at significant savings compared to community charges, including Orthopedics and Travel Clinic
- Regular protocols recognized by the University for considering the student’s health status as it relates to academic performance (course drops and withdrawal from school for medical reasons). These are called academic interventions for medical and psychological reasons
- Sexual assault counseling
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- Preconception and pregnancy counseling
- Nurse consultations on a variety of health-related issues, including Gynecology, Sports Medicine, etc.
- Public health interventions in collaboration with local public health agencies
- Secure web interactions with the medical team
- Specialty clinic referral service and insurance assistance
- 24 hours nurse advice line and on-call physician access
- 24 hour on call student crisis support
- The Campus Health Fee also funds health promotion and violence prevention services offered by Student Wellness.
We recognize that many students have limited financial resources. Because of our size and scope, we are able to keep additional costs very low.
- Weekend Same Day Care (fee applies on Saturday or Sunday during the fall and spring semesters)
- Allergy injections
- Laboratory tests including STI Tests
- Prescription and non-prescription medications
- X-ray services
- Supplies (i.e. braces, crutches)
- Travel clinic
- On-going psychiatric medication management*
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) through the integrative health program
- No show visit charges
*Counseling and Psychological Services Medication Management
The initial medication management evaluation visit is provided with no out of pocket costs. Insurance is filed and the Health Fee covers any remaining patient balance not paid by insurance. Subsequent medication follow up visits will be provided for $150.00/session.
Time has been specifically reserved for your scheduled appointment, procedure or treatment.
Failure to cancel your appointment within 24 hours will result in a $25.00 fee. If your appointment is with a psychiatric medication provider, the fee is $65.00
To cancel your appointment, visit the Healthy Heels Portal or call 919-966-2281.