Student Affairs - Fostering Student Learning and Success Logo

Primary tabs

Payment for Services

ComputerCampus Health electronically files your claims. In most circumstances the insurance carrier will pay you the allowable amount. The total charge will be transferred to your student account at the  Office of the University Cashier  which you will be responsible for paying.

Prescription co-pays can be paid at the place the prescription is picked up - at Student Stores Pharmacy, located on the 3rd floor of the Daniels Bldg. or at the Healthy Heels Shoppe in the basement of Campus Health. This prevents the co-pay being sent to your student account. If you do not want your insurance filed for laboratory tests, you will need to tell the lab technician before your procedure. Students who do not want their insurance filed for other Campus Health or procedures need to contact the billing office within 3 days at 919-966-6588.

Students should not fail to come for treatment because of lack of immediate payment.

For information on prescription drug coverage see the Pharmacy web pages. Drug coverage plan benefits for the Student Mandatory Plan, administered by BCBS Student Blue, can be found at Student Blue.

NOTE:  Some health insurance plans limit providers.  Students should be aware of their insurance limitations before using Campus Health.  Campus Health (not including Pharmacy) is considered an out-of-network or a non-preferred provider for the following plans:  Aetna, Coventry and most other non-Blue Cross Blue Shield plans. Campus Health Pharmacy and Student Stores Pharmacy are in-network with most pharmacy benefit plans.

Payment Options at Campus Healthcheck

  • Cash 
  • Check 
  • UNC One Card 
  • Master Card or Visa (including HSA)
  • Charge to Student Account at the Office of the University Cashier in the Student and Academic Service Building (SASB) North


The Office of Student Accounts and University Receivable will apply any unpaid charges from Campus Health to your University account. These charges appear on your electronic tuition bill. The posting is not specific to the exact nature of the service, but will state Campus Health with an invoice number.

Payment of Bills

Once a charge is transferred to the Office of the University Casheir, the student must make payment to that office (919-962-1368).