The CHS Acute Care clinic treats students for medical conditions that require prompt evaluation. It is not a fully equipped emergency room and it is not open 24 hours per day.
- Call the Campus Health Services main number at 919-966-2281 and select menu option 2 to schedule an appointment during regular operating hours.
- During clinic hours visit the Acute Care desk to have your needs assessed and determine the best way to access our services or provide self-care, according to your situation.
Acute care services are provided between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm on Saturday - Sunday during the Fall and Spring semester.
- These visits offer services for urgent needs, but many CHS services are not operating at full capacity during these times. Students may need to return to CHS during regular hours to have all their health care needs met such as having labs drawn, x-rays taken, or prescriptions filled.
- There is a $40.00 premium service charge for visits to Campus Health Services on Saturday and Sunday during the Fall and Spring semester. This premium service charge is not covered by your insurance.
Examples of Typical Acute Care Visits
- Acute abdominal or pelvic pain for less than 24 hours
- Acute bleeding
- Acute chest pain
- Acute head injury
- Acute disabling injury or pain
- Allergic or drug reactions
- Asthma attack or asthma not responding to medications
- Breathing difficulty or wheezing
- Broken bones
- Burns: chemical or acute
- Contagious illness (Mumps, Chicken Pox)
- Eye injuries
- Fainting episodes
- Illness with temperature greater than 102º F
- Migraine headaches
- Persistent vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Sexual Assault
- Urinary symptoms
- Wounds needing stitches