How do I obtain medications for ADD/ADHD if I have never had a prescription for them?
Your Campus Health provider needs specific documentation of the testing that was done to diagnose your ADD/ADHD in order to prescribe appropriate medication for you. The required testing is not conducted at Campus Health. A list of required documentation and community testing providers can assist you with this process.
Bring the required documentation that supports the diagnosis of your ADD/ADHD to your Campus Health medical provider appointment.
I have been tested for and diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. How do I get a Campus Health provider to write a prescription for the medication I take?
- Make an appointment with a Camspu Health medical provider.
- Bring documentation of the standardized objective testing supporting the ADD/ADHD diagnosis, pertinent medical records, and your prescription medication bottles to your Campus Health medical provider appointment.
- The Campus Health medical provider will do the following at the initial appointment:
- Check your blood pressure and heart rate
- Review your medical history including personal and family history of heart related conditions. You may need additional evaluation depending on your personal or family health history.
- Review the Campus Health Stimulant Medication Contract. You must agree to and sign the contract to obtain a prescription for medication. You may view the contract prior to your visit on the Campus Health website.
- Subsequent appointments for monitoring will include a monthly visit with a Campus Health medical provider until medication therapy is stabilized. At these appointments, the provider will check your heart rate and blood pressure as well as review your health history and medication side effects. Once medication is stabilized, you will return to see your provider every three months in order to check heart rate, blood pressure, and effectiveness of the medications.
I am followed by an outside medical provider who writes my prescriptions for medications to treat ADD/ADHD? How do I get these prescriptions filled at Campus Health Pharmacy or Student Stores Pharmacy?
Campus Health Pharmacy and Student Stores Pharmacy fill prescriptions for ADD/ADHD medications that are written by Campus Health providers or outside providers. A Campus Health Pharmacist will review with you the Campus Health Stimulant Medication Contract. You must agree to and sign the contract to obtain your prescription for medication.