Yordanos (Jordan) Tesfay
Data Housing Liaison
- Joined Campus Health: October 2021
- Originally from: Ethiopia. Moved to Colorado in 2013 and to Raleigh about 1 month ago.
- Professional/Educational Background: Jordan is a recent graduate from University of Colorado – Denver with a BS in Public Health. Jordan has worked as a contact tracer for the Ethiopian Health Institute.
- Family: She has a big family with 5 sisters and 2 brothers, and is currently living with their sister and niece.
- Hobbies/Sports: Jordan loves hiking, biking and spending time with friends and family.
- Work influence: Her mom has an excellent work ethic and was able to raise 8 kids, and had no days off.
- Work accomplishment: “When working as a contact tracer, me and my team were able to come up with a community-based approach to reduce COVID transmission by reaching out to community leaders, and I believe that created awareness in the community.”
- One things most people don’t know: “That I am a cancer survivor. In 2018 I was diagnosed with cancer and I am currently in remission.”
Sharing and printing options: