Acute Care and After Hours Clinic
The CHS Acute Care clinic treats students for medical conditions that require prompt evaluation. It is not a fully equipped emergency room or a “walk-in” clinic and it is not open 24 hours per day.
- Call the Campus Health Services main number, 919-966-2281 and select menu option 2 to schedule an appointment during regular operating hours.
- During clinic hours go to the Acute Care desk to speak with someone on how best to access our services or provide self-care, according to your situation.
Notes for after hours visits: After hours urgent care services are provided between 5:00pm and 6:00pm Monday – Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday during the Fall and Spring semester.
- These visits offer services for urgent needs, but many CHS services are not operating at full capacity during these times. Students may need to return to CHS during regular hours to have all their health care needs met such as having labs drawn, x-rays taken, or prescriptions filled.
- There is a $40.00 premium service charge for visits to Campus Health Services between 5:00pm and 6:00pm Monday – Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday during the Fall and Spring semester. This premium service charge is not covered by your insurance.
Typical medical conditions treated at the Acute Care Clinic (include but not be limited to):
- Acute abdominal or pelvic pain less than 24 hour
- Acute bleeding
- Acute chest pain
- Acute head injury
- Acute disabling injury or pain
- Allergic or drug reactions
- Asthma attack or asthma not responding to medications
- Breathing difficulty or wheezing
- Broken bones
- Burns, chemical or acute
- Contagious illness (Mumps, Chicken Pox)
- Eye injuries
- Fainting episodes
- Illness with temperature greater than 102º F
- Migraine headaches
- Persistent vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Sexual Assault
- Urinary symptoms
- Wounds needing stitches